Warranty claims MUST be made within the specified warranty period and within 60 days of the defect appearance. We may charge a fee for on-site product inspections that will be refunded if the product is found to contain a defect covered by warranty.
If the product is found to contain a defect covered by warranty, StoneDeks Silca System® will either replace the product/components OR ship a replacement product/components to the person making the warranty claim. StoneDeks Silca System® retains the right to substitute a similar product when the original product sold has been discontinued or modified. If unable to provide replacement and repair is not practical or able to be completed in timely fashion, then StoneDeks Silca System® may elect to refund the purchase price. This guarantee gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state.
StoneDeks Silca System® products must be stored, installed, maintained, repaired, and used in accordance with acceptable good trade practice and our supplied instructions in order to prevent damage. If you have a problem with your StoneDeks Silca System® product or need additional information, please contact the distributor or dealer from whom you purchased our product or contact us directly.
StoneDeks Silca System® is a specialty product you cannot assume to be a standard installation. Instructions for proper installation are available from your distributor or StoneDeks Silca System® website. (www.stonedeks.com). Specific applications may require changes in installation of the product. We do not provide any warranty for installation.
It is not our responsibility to design or recommend a structural system appropriate for each job condition. We recommend that a professional deck/project designer, architect, or professional engineer to design your structure.
Transfer of Warranty: Our warranty may be transferred one (1) time, within five (5) year period beginning from the date of original purchase by owner upon which the Silca System® products were originally installed.
Not Covered Under Warranty
- Minor imperfections which do not impair structural integrity or obscure normal function, including slight bubbles, lines, surface imperfections or discolorations.
- Any imperfections in the Silca Grate™ not detected from within ten feet.
- 3/16” or less warp that does not have material impact on the finished project one month from date of manufacture.
- Problems related to: structural integrity issues, including improper sizing of floor joist, improper spacing of posts or footers, sagging of framing building design and construction; failure to follow installation instructions.
- Silca Grate™ movement of ¼” or less due to temperature and humidity; product installation in high moisture environments or in structures that fail to allow for the proper management of drainage or moisture.
- Damage resulting from accident including from impact or wind pressure, misuse or abuse, any occurrence deemed act of God (fire, flood, earthquake, other acts of nature), acts of third parties outside of our control, or failure to apply a finished product within 90 days of installation (Finished product defined as brick, paver, tile, stone, slate, composite lumber.).
- Any damage resulting in spilled chemical(s), and/or solvent(s) in any form and quantity.
- Any damage resulting in being exposed longer than 90 days to sun.
- Cost for labor, installation, removal or reinstallation, refinishing or similar activities connected with the replacement product or component; execution of service and costs incurred for shipping, handling, transferring, insuring and transporting; and incidental or consequential damages of any kind other than as mandated by applicable state law. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this may not apply to you
Important Legal Information
This warranty sets forth our maximum liability for our products. We shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages of any kind and all such claims are waived to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Your sole or exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses and damages resulting from any cause whatsoever is specified herein. We make no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. It is the original purchaser’s sole responsibility for determining whether a product purchased from Silca System® is suitable for a customer’s needs or application. We provide no warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose to the original purchaser or to any subsequent use of the product, or any other warranty except as expressly contained herein. This warranty is not a promise of future performance but only a warranty to replace or refund. In the event state law precludes exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than, and the time and manner of presenting any claim thereon shall be the same as, that provided in the express warranty stated herein.
All issues will be pro-rated.